ENGLEWOOD, CO (Sept. 23, 2020) – AllHealth Network has partnered with the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) to obtain a FEMA grant to establish a Crisis Counseling Assistance and Training Program (CCP) in Arapahoe and Douglas County. This short-term program, named Colorado Spirit, will provide free psychological guidance and community support with the following disaster recovery needs related to Coronavirus (COVID-19): assistance in helping individuals understand their current situation and reactions; emotional and stress reduction support; assistance in reviewing an individual’s disaster recovery options; coping strategies; and connecting individuals with people or other agencies who can help them in their recovery process. This grant-funded program is available until June 27, 2021.
The CDPHE is working with several community providers to establish the Colorado Spirit Crisis Counseling Program around the state.
AllHealth Network’s Colorado Spirit Program will serve the community in these capacities:
- Individual Crisis Counseling—Helps survivors understand their reactions, improve coping strategies, review their options, and connect with other individuals and agencies that may assist them.
- Basic Supportive or Educational Contact— Brief contacts with survivors to share general support and information on resources and services.
- Group Crisis Counseling—Group sessions led by trained crisis counselors who offer skills to help group members cope with their situations and reactions.
- Public Education—Information and education about typical reactions, helpful coping strategies, and available disaster related resources.
- Community Networking and Support— Relationship building with community resource organizations, faith-based groups, and local agencies.
- Assessment, Referral, and Resource Linkage—Adult and child needs assessment and referral to additional disaster relief services or mental health or substance abuse treatment.
- Development and Distribution of Educational Materials—Flyers, brochures, tip sheets, educational materials, and web site information developed and distributed by CCP staff.
- Media and Public Service Announcements—Media activities and public messaging in partnership with local media outlets, state and local governments, charitable organizations, or other community brokers of information.
Services are currently available via telehealth (video conferencing).
AllHealth Network’s Colorado Spirit Program is connecting with community partners and invites any inquiries and requests for support.
AllHealth Network Colorado Spirit contact information:
Phone: (720) 707-6789
Note to Media: For interviews, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org/720-707-6564
About AllHealth Network
AllHealth Network is a compassionate provider of mental health and substance use treatment, offering a full array of clinical services at 11 locations throughout the South Denver metro area. With over 200 clinical providers and more than 25 psychiatrists and nurse practitioners, AllHealth Network offers services from a caring team of clinicians who create personalized treatment plans to help clients thrive. For more information visit https://www.allhealthnetwork.org/
Denver Post Your Hub/The Know, Sept 29